Thursday, August 20, 2009

READ: Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown

I found this on a shelf yesterday, tucked behind the new translation of Tolstoy’s War and Peace. Since I wasn’t going to get through that tome in one day, I opted for my namesake’s story!

Stanley is a boy who becomes flat as a pancake after a bulletin board falls on him. It didn’t’ hurt, but it took a little time for him to get used to being only one-half inch thick. With his new dimensions, he flies like a kite, helps the police solve a mystery, is sent through the mail in an envelope, and saves the day in other ways. With illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, Flat Stanley is fun for all ages. In fact, there’s even a Flat Stanley Project, where school kids send their own Flat Stanleys to other kids their own age, and sometimes, even really famous people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Flat Stanley is found! I have some FS pics for Seattle (on the Ferry, etc.) I did for my niece. Is there a FS project website to share these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Flat Stanley Success Blog at : http://flatstanley.com/fspicturegallery/?cat=18

    ReplyDelete